Ever since I discovered this super easy Quick Tunisian Chicken Meal through my good Tunisian friend from Waves Kiss Your Soul it’s become a weekly staple at our house. Being a busy mother of 3, working from home, and my husband working long hours means this mama needs quick & easy recipes with the least amount of meal prep. And this meal does just that!
The prep takes less than 10 mins and the cook time takes about an hour including making brown rice on the side. I normally use Trader Joe’s brown rice with it but you can use any brand you prefer. You can also alternate the Jalapeño Peppers for small green chilli. The MAIN ingredient however in this dish is “Ras Al Hanout”. Without this spice, this dish is nothing! Don’t try this dish without it 🙂 And one other important point, my toddlers NEVER complain when they get this dish, they can eat it everyday, yes it’s THAT yummy! You can thank me later 😉
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure at the end of the post.
Tunisian Chicken Meal Ingredients
- Large potatoes cut in 4 quarters (lengthwise). We use about 3 potatoes for a family of 5.
- 3 Tomatoes cut in quarters
- Chicken Drumsticks with no skin (we normally cook 6/7 to allow for leftovers)
- 2 Jalapeños
- 1 tsp of tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of Ras Al Hanout powder (you can add more if you have a lot of chicken)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Water to cover the chicken but not too much (refer to the image below)
Tunisian Chicken Meal Instructions to Cook
- Preheat Oven to 450 F
- Add ingredients to a Pyrex Baking Dish and mix thoroughly
- Bake the dish for about an hour (or more if you have larger quantity)
- While the dish is baking, cook the brown rice as you normally would
- Once the dish is baked you’ll notice the sauce left over is watery, which is fine. It’s more like a soup texture but super flavorful! . I drench my plate with the liquid 😃
The dish always lasts at least till the next day depending on much I make. I hope you can try it and let me know how it turns out for you!
Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission if you use it to make a purchase. However, it costs you nothing and I only ever recommend products I use and love myself.